Couple hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning in Hernando County

BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) – A couple was hospitalized in Hernando County after using a generator near their home on Friday.

Hernando County Fire Rescue and the City of Brooksville Fire Department responded to a medical call on Paul Drive.

The caller reported she and her husband were feeling ill. They said they had a generator running, but it was located outside.

Fire crews found a generator running outside of the home, in a breezeway.

They also encountered fumes in the home, indicating possible carbon monoxide.

Fire crews used gas meters and found dangerously elected levels of CO in the home.

Both people were taken to a hospital for signs of CO poisoning.

STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-

>> BACK TO TOP STORIES

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s