TAMPA (WFLA) — A man is dead after firefighters say he fell off a ladder while cutting a tree branch following Hurricane Irma.
Hillsborough County firefighters were called to Puritan Road just before 3 p.m. for a person down.
When they got to the scene, they found 60-year-old John Knight on the ground.
A witness told firefighters Knight was cutting a tree branch when the branch hit him and knocked him off his ladder.
Knight fell 20 to 25 feet. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- Missing boy, 4, found in water at St. Pete park, dies from injuries
- Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
- Tarpon Springs shrimper back home after being caught at sea during Hurricane Irma
- Jacksonville men caught with stolen power pole strapped to SUV
- 8 dead at Broward Co. nursing home that lost power during Hurricane Irma
- Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.