Lakeland 7-year-old’s death ruled accidental, poisoned by carbon monoxide from generator

(Source: Polk County Sheriff's Office)

LAKELAND, Fla. (WFLA) – A seven-year-old’s death has been ruled accidental after her mother found her dead in bed while a generator ran in their Lakeland home on Wednesday.

An autopsy concluded Terryn Wilson, of Dossey Road South, died by carbon monoxide intoxication.

The girl’s mother, Shashunda Wilson, is in a hospital in Miami being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning. She is in critical, but stable, condition.

Shashunda told detectives she recently got a generator because she lost power during Hurricane Irma and it was the first time she had used one.

She told them she was not aware that it could not be run inside the home.

The carbon monoxide level in the Wilson’s home was measured at 150 parts per million.

The unoccupied other half of the duplex measured at 88 parts per million.

STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON- 

>> BACK TO TOP STORIES

WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s