HIGHLANDS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Highlands County Animal Services and the AG Unit teamed up Wednesday afternoon to rescue 10 horses and a dog from Lakeside Stables.
The Highland’s County Sheriff’s Office said Arbuckle Creek has risen to historic levels and trapped the horses in the barn on a small hill above the water.
The horses were led out by hand, through the chest-deep water, and loaded on a trailer to be taken to a more suitable stable.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Irma Power Outages: 888,292 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- Missing boy, 4, found in water at St. Pete park, dies from injuries
- Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
- Tarpon Springs shrimper back home after being caught at sea during Hurricane Irma
- Jacksonville men caught with stolen power pole strapped to SUV
- 8 dead at Broward Co. nursing home that lost power during Hurricane Irma
- Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.