PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Pasco County officials have issued a voluntary evacuation order for the Bass Lake Community because waters are expected to rise overnight.
Emergency management is recommending the voluntary evacuation for residents in Lake Worrell Acres, Cranes Roost, Bass Lake and surrounding areas.
Water is expected to rise due to rain from during the day Thursday and the rain that’s forecasted for overnight.
The county says evacuees should consider sheltering with family or friends until the high waters recede.
If that’s not an option, the Mike Fasano Regional Hurricane Shelter at 11611 Denton Avenue in Hudson is available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- Missing boy, 4, found in water at St. Pete park, dies from injuries
- Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
- Tarpon Springs shrimper back home after being caught at sea during Hurricane Irma
- Jacksonville men caught with stolen power pole strapped to SUV
- 8 dead at Broward Co. nursing home that lost power during Hurricane Irma
- Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.