NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – A New Port Richey woman was charged with battery after deputies say she hit a man who did not want to have sex with her.
Deputies responded to Rebecca Lynn Phelps’ home on Knightsbridge Drive just before 2 a.m. on Thursday.
Deputies say Phelps was outside her home drinking with the victim. She began to get mad at the victim because he did not want to have sex with her.
Phelps then allegedly began to scream and hit the victim. She hit the victim so hard it left red marks on his face. Deputies say the victim yelled for Phelps to stop or he would call 911 to have her Baker Acted, which angered her even more. Phelps then scratched the victim’s arm and he started bleeding.
Deputies say a witness inside the home did not see what happened, but heard the victim yelling at Phelps “Stop hitting me” and then the witness heard a smack.
Phelps was arrested on one count of battery.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Irma Power Outages: 888,292 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- Missing boy, 4, found in water at St. Pete park, dies from injuries
- Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
- Tarpon Springs shrimper back home after being caught at sea during Hurricane Irma
- Jacksonville men caught with stolen power pole strapped to SUV
- 8 dead at Broward Co. nursing home that lost power during Hurricane Irma
- Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.