ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A 5-year-old boy who went missing while fishing with his family in St. Petersburg has died.
Jamirreeus Broward was fishing with his family at Poynter Park on Wednesday evening.
Just before 7 p.m., Jamirreeus’ mother noticed him missing and immediately called police.
St. Pete Fire Rescue divers found him in the water at 7:28 p.m. and paramedics performed CPR and then transported him to the hospital.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
Poynter Park is located at 1002 3rd St. S.
No other details have been released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deaf community demands apology from Manatee Co. after interpreter disaster at Irma press conference
- Irma Power Outages: 888,292 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Sam’s Club waives membership fees to help Tampa Bay residents recover from Irma
- Missing boy, 4, found in water at St. Pete park, dies from injuries
- Lakeland 7-year-old dies after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning from generator
- Tarpon Springs shrimper back home after being caught at sea during Hurricane Irma
- Jacksonville men caught with stolen power pole strapped to SUV
- 8 dead at Broward Co. nursing home that lost power during Hurricane Irma
- Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.