TAMPA (WFLA) — Fire broke out at an apartment complex in Tampa Wednesday night, forcing residents out.
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue was called to the Carlton Arms North apartment complex on Thomasville Circle around 7:30 p.m. and found flames shooting through the roof of one of the apartment buildings.
All of the residents were evacuated when crews arrived.
The first crew to arrive forced entry into the apartment below the attic fire and started to fight the flames. Additional crews then performed searches of affected apartments and looked for fire extension through the attic space.
Temple Terrace Fire also responded and helped extinguish the fire.
Four apartments were damaged. Two of them have major water damage and the other two have smoke damage. No one was injured.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Fire destroys Robert E. Lee Elementary School in Tampa
- TRAGEDY: Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.
- Bodies of 2 males found near gas pumps in Hillsborough
- Florida survivors can now register for disaster assistance from FEMA
- Sarasota Co. couple evacuating from Irma go missing
- Irma Power Outages: 859,000 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Highlands Co: 98 percent without power, roads blocked
- Internet falls in love with trio of Gainesville police officers working during Hurricane Irma