SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – An elderly Sarasota County couple who went missing after evacuating from Hurricane Irma was found safe in Venice on Wednesday.
ORIGINAL ARTICLE — An elderly Sarasota County couple evacuating from Hurricane Irma have gone missing.
Milan Yezic, 89, and Lucille Yezic, 86, were last seen Saturday at about 7:30 p.m. at a gas station near Interstate 75 in Ocala. They were headed to Pennsylvania to evacuate.
Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office said they have not yet returned to their home on Golf Club Lane in Venice.
Through investigation, detectives confirmed their credit cards were used at gas stations in both Georgia and more recently, in Wildwood, Florida.
It appears the couple is traveling back south toward Venice, however due to fuel shortages, it may become increasingly difficult for Mr. and Mrs. Yezic to make it home.
Neither have cell phones and both suffer from varying degrees of dementia.
A Silver Alert was issued to help find them.
They were driving a 2004 beige Mercury Grand Marquis with license plate No. GESL71. Mr. Yezic is 5’8” tall and weighs 180 pounds. Mrs. Yezic is 5’4” tall and weighs 175 pounds.
Anyone who comes into contact with Mr. and Mrs. Yezic is urged to call 911 immediately.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Fire destroys Robert E. Lee Elementary School in Tampa
- TRAGEDY: Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.
- Bodies of 2 males found near gas pumps in Hillsborough
- Florida survivors can now register for disaster assistance from FEMA
- Sarasota Co. couple evacuating from Irma go missing
- Irma Power Outages: 859,000 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Highlands Co: 98 percent without power, roads blocked
- Internet falls in love with trio of Gainesville police officers working during Hurricane Irma