BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A dog that went into labor while taking shelter from Hurricane Irma at a Hernando County middle school has given birth to her first puppy.
Chyanne, a husky-wolf mix, went into labor over the weekend at the packed D.S. Parrott Middle School in Brooksville. News Channel 8’s Melanie Michael was at the shelter and saw Chyanne getting lots of belly rubs and support as she panted and tried to get comfortable.
Chyanne’s owner Carol reached out to News Channel 8 on Tuesday night to let us know Chyanne gave birth to her first puppy, Mr. Hurricane. According to Carol, Mr. Hurricane won’t sit still.
Carol says they left the shelter on Monday, but are now staying at a friend’s grooming shop because they have no water or electric at her home and there are trees down everywhere. Thankfully, she says Chyanne knows the place they are staying very well.
A human mom also went into labor at the Parrott Middle School shelter who was rushed to Brooksville Regional Hospital where she later gave birth.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Fire destroys Robert E. Lee Elementary School in Tampa
- TRAGEDY: Running generator likely killed 3 family members in Orange Co.
- Bodies of 2 males found near gas pumps in Hillsborough
- Florida survivors can now register for disaster assistance from FEMA
- Sarasota Co. couple evacuating from Irma go missing
- Irma Power Outages: 859,000 still without power in Tampa Bay area
- Highlands Co: 98 percent without power, roads blocked
- Internet falls in love with trio of Gainesville police officers working during Hurricane Irma