TAMPA (WFLA) – Power crews are working on outages as fast as they can.
Extensive damage, trees falling on wires and and multiple blown transformers knocked out power to more than a million customers.
There are more than 1.4 million outages as of 10 p.m. Monday.
- Lakeland Electric — 68,000
- TECO — 310,475
- Duke Energy — 750,000
- Florida Power & Light — 294,760
- Peace River Electric — 35,856
Here are the numbers to call to report a power outage:
- Duke- 1-800-228-8485
- TECO- 1-877-588-1010
- FPL- 1-800-4-OUTAGE
- Lakeland Electric- 1-863-834-4248
TECO says customers can monitor and track outages in their neighborhood through the outage map here.
Duke Energy customer can check outages here.
Tampa Electric is preparing for extensive power outages that could affect 300,000 to 500,000 customers – or 45 percent to 70 percent of the entire system.
FPL’s restoration workforce of nearly 19,500 employees and contractors is working 24/7 to restore service to customers impacted.
Lakeland Electric Help:
-30 Florida Highway Patrol Roadway Clearing Contractors
-150 Tree Cutting Crews
-30 Linemen Crews
-Power will be restored to all our customers as soon as possible. Restoration strategies will become more specific over the next 24 to 48 hours and we will share details with you
-The majority of outages will last less than a week, but some outages could last up to two weeks.
- RIGHT NOW: Eye of Cat 1 Hurricane Irma no longer in Tampa Bay area
- Hurricane Irma: 80% without power in Polk Co., trees smash homes, vehicles
- Hurricane Irma: Intense winds rip cross from Sarasota church, tear roofs, knock down fences
- StarLite dinner yacht breaks loose, hits Bayway Bridge during Irma
- Hurricane Irma: Manatee County reports damage, power outages
- Hurricane Irma: Hillsborough leaders grateful Irma did not cause major damage
- Hurricane Irma: Power outages, downed trees across Pinellas Co.
- Schools in Tampa Bay area announce plans to resume class
- Tampa Bay power outages: More than 1.1 million
- Better Call Behnken: Start insurance process ASAP