TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas and Sarasota counties are under a tornado watch until 2 a.m. Monday morning.
Storm Team 8 meteorologists say quick tornadoes are possible in rain bands.
Earlier Sunday, Storm Team 8 said there a potential tornado was on the ground, pushing west out of Polk County towards Zephyrhills.
Residents should already be in a safe shelter.
Many other South Florida counties are included in the Tornado Watch.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Emergency shelters opening across Tampa Bay area ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Hurricane Irma: Check your evacuation level here
- Hurricane Irma causing flight cancellations, airport closures in Tampa Bay area, Florida
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches