ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – The Tampa Bay Rays series against the New York Yankees has been moved from Tropicana Field to Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets, ahead of Hurricane Irma.
The series will played as originally scheduled on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Rays will be considered the home team and will bat last.
This is the third time that Rays games have been affected by a hurricane.
Fans with tickets to the games at Tropicana Field should check raysbaseball.com/Irma and all social media channels in the coming days for information on exchanging their ticket or receiving a refund.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Emergency shelters opening across Tampa Bay area ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Pinellas Co. evacuation info
- Pasco Co. evacuation info
- Hurricane Irma causing flight cancellations, airport closures in Tampa Bay area, Florida
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches