VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — The City of Venice on Friday declared a mandatory evacuation for the island.
If you live on the island of Venice the City is asking residents to leave due to approaching Hurricane Irma. If you leave, the city asks that you take 2 forms of identification with you, so you can get back on the island. Forms of identification include a driver’s license and a utility bill.
The Venice Community Center, although designated as a shelter for Sarasota County, will not be open for this storm.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Emergency shelters opening across Tampa Bay area ahead of Hurricane Irma
- Pinellas Co. evacuation info
- Pasco Co. evacuation info
- Sarasota County Evacuation: Voluntary for Zone A residents
- Polk Co. issues voluntary evacuation of mobile homes, flood areas
- Hurricane Irma causing flight cancellations, airport closures in Tampa Bay area, Florida
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches