PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County Government is a ordering mandatory evacuations for more residents in the county Saturday afternoon.
Mandatory evacuations have been issued for residents living west of Little Road, effective immediately.
Mandatory evacuations, effective immediately, have also been issued for residents living to the north and west of the following lines:
- North of 52, west of Hick Road
- North of Kitten Trail to the intersection of Dennis Road
- West of Dennis Road, following a northerly line to include properties west of Gopher Hills
- West of Thomas Boulevard North to County Line Roads
A voluntary evacuation has been ordered for the remainder of all evacuation zones.
A mandatory evacuation for residents who live west of U.S. 19, north of Fox Hollow, west of Little Road, and special needs residents throughout the county had previously been issued.
This is for anyone who lives in a manufactured home, mobile home, RV, or those in a low-lying area or an area prone to flooding.
A recommended evacuation was ordered for residents living south of Fox Hollow Drive to the south county line between Regency Park Blvd., Rowan Rd., Seven Springs Blvd. and Little Rd., effective 6 p.m. Friday.
Pasco County leaders prepared to open more than 25 shelters countywide to house people fleeing Hurricane Irma.
Longleaf Elementary School has reached capacity for evacuees and pets and cannot accept additional evacuees.
The hurricane shelter located at Wiregrass Ranch High School has reached capacity for evacuees and Sunlake High School has reached capacity for pets.
Evacuees should seek shelter at one of the following shelters: Centennial, Pasco, and Weightman middle schools; Connerton, Double Branch, Longleaf, New River, Oakstead, Odessa, Pine View, Sanders, Seven Oaks, Trinity, and Veterans elementary schools; River Ridge Middle/High School; and Sunlake High School (humans only).
The following shelters are open and accepting pets:
- Sunlake High School, 3023 Sunlake Blvd., Land O Lakes
Owners must bring pet carriers, leashes, vaccination records, food, water. Click here for a list of supplies to bring with your pet. Special needs residents must contact Pasco County Customer Service at 727.847.2411 to register for accommodation.
Pasco County also has the following hurricane shelters open for residents without pets:
- Thomas E. Weightman Middle School, 30649 Wells Rd., Wesley Chapel
- New River Elementary School, 4710 River Glen Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Odessa Elementary School, 12810 Interloken Rd., New Port Richey
- Wiregrass Ranch High School, 2909 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel
- Registered sex offenders will be housed at this site, at a different location
- Special needs and the general popuation can also be housed at this site
- Sanders Elementary, 5126 School Road, Land O’ Lakes
- Oakstead Elementary, 19925 Lake Patience Road, Land O’ Lakes
- Connerton Elementary, 9300 Flourish Drive, Land O’ Lakes
- Pineview Elementary, 5333 Parkway Boulevard, Land O’ Lakes
- Veterans Elementary, 26940 Progress Parkway, Wesley Chapel
- Seven Oaks Elementary, 27633 Mystic Oak Boulevard, Wesley Chapel
- Double Branch Elementary, 31500 Chancey Road, Wesley Chapel
Pasco Schools is opening the following seven shelters, but it’s unclear whether or not they’re pet-friendly:
- Connerton Elementary School (9300 Flourish Dr, Land O Lakes)
- Double Branch Elementary School (31500 Chancey Rd, Wesley Chapel)
- Oakstead Elementary School (19925 Lake Patience Rd, Land O Lakes)
Pine View Elementary (5333 Parkway Blvd, Land O Lakes)
- Sanders Memorial Elementary School (5126 School Rd, Land O Lakes)
- Seven Oaks Elementary School (27633 Mystic Oak Blvd, Wesley Chapel)
- Veterans Elementary School (26940 Progress Pkwy, Wesley Chapel)
The follow shelters have reached capacity:
- Centennial Middle School, 38505 Centennial Rd., Dade City
- Pasco Middle School, 13925 14th St., Dade City
- Trinity Elementary School, 2209 Duck Slough Blvd., New Port Richey
- Longleaf Elementary School, 3253 Town Ave., New Port Richey
- Schrader Elementary School, 11041 Little Rd., New Port Richey
- Fivay High School, 12115 Chicago Ave., Hudson
- River Ridge Middle/High School, 11646 Town Center Rd., New Port Richey
More than a dozen National Guard members are on hand to help residents.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- CHECKLIST: Disaster supply list for hurricane
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- How to get water even if the stores are out
- Hurricane Irma: Local school districts to decide about closures
- The one thing you must do for your pet as Irma approaches
- Sarasota woman stranded in St. Maarten during Hurricane Irma
- Orlando Intl. Airport to end commercial flights Saturday because of Hurricane Irma
- Polk sheriff’s tweets for law breakers seeking shelter during Irma spark firestorm
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Miami Dolphins game moved to November 19
- Gov. Scott declares state of emergency in all Fla. counties in response to Hurricane Irma
- Gov. Scott encouraging Floridians to be prepared for hurricane
- AG Bondi activates Florida’s price gouging hotline in wake of declared state of emergency
- Bottled water, supplies going fast as Tampa Bay area prepares for possibility of Hurricane Irma
- Tampa Bay area residents need to get hurricane plans in place while skies still blue