HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – All Hernando County Schools will be closed Thursday and Friday in preparation for Hurricane Irma.
“As you may know, during extreme weather events, Hernando’s schools are used as shelters for those who must evacuate their homes,” Hernando Schools posted on Facebook. “In addition, our district transportation team is called on to act as a vital support for conducting evacuations as well.”
All after-school activities are cancelled Thursday and Friday as well.
HURRICANE IRMA COVERAGE –
- The latest on Hurricane Irma from Storm Team 8
- 2017 Hurricane Guide
- Where to get sandbags in the Tampa Bay area
- Gov. Scott declares state of emergency in all Fla. counties in response to Hurricane Irma
- Gov. Scott encouraging Floridians to be prepared for hurricane
- AG Bondi activates Florida’s price gouging hotline in wake of declared state of emergency
- Bottled water, supplies going fast as Tampa Bay area prepares for possibility of Hurricane Irma
- Tampa Bay area residents need to get hurricane plans in place while skies still blue
- AP source: NFL considers moving Bucs game against Dolphins due to Irma