TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Workers are taking to the streets all across the country on Labor Day to “Fight for 15,” including in Tampa.
Fast food workers who are striking in support of the movement to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour gathered outside the McDonalds in Ybor City starting at 6 a.m. on Monday.
The protesters are also demanding union rights. Organizers say those rights would “fix the economic and political systems in the U.S. that are rigged to benefit big corporations over working people.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Woman held hostage by family in Riverview speaks out in court
- Irma a major hurricane again
- Nurse arrested for not giving police patient’s blood shares video of confrontation
- 3 charged in months-long torture of 10-year-old
- Sheriff: Bodies believed to be 2 USF exchange students pulled from California river gorge
- WFLA News Channel 8 raises over $66,000 for Harvey victims during ‘Telethon for Texas’