MADEIRA BEACH, Fla. (WFLA) — Four people suffered serious injuries in an overnight crash on the drawbridge in Madeira Beach.
Deputies say 21-year-old Jacob Peterson Jr. was driving a 2001 Chevrolet Corvette around 2 a.m. Saturday when he lost control, crossed over the raised center median on the Tom Stuart Causeway drawbridge and collided head-on with a 2004 Nissan Altima.
Peterson and his passenger, 29-year-old Jorge Arturo, suffered serious life-threatening injuries and were taken to Bayfront Medical Center.
Both people in the Altima were also taken to Bayfront Medical Center with serious life-threatening injuries. The driver, 49-year-old Ronda Chambers, was taken by helicopter. Her passenger, 37-year-old Jason Bean was taken by ambulance.
Investigators believe alcohol, speed and inclement weather were contributing factors in the crash.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON –
- Deputies: Woman gave newborn to stranger at Sarasota Co. park
- Speeding SUV crashes into Riverview home
- Target 8: VA therapist tells Marine treated for PTSD he’s only there for the drugs
- Tampa woman advertising need for kidney claims HOA wants signs taken down
- Better Call Behnken: Birthday cake disaster leaves St. Pete mother furious
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys among 6 suspended, reprimanded, or disciplined by Florida Supreme Court
- Nurse arrested for not giving police patient’s blood shares video of confrontation
- PHOTO: ‘Miracle baby’ with umbilical cord still attached found inside gym bag