ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – St. Petersburg police are investigating a shooting that happened Friday night.
The shooting occurred near the Twin Brooks Apartments at 4601 22nd Avenue South.
According to police, shortly after 7 p.m., 35-year-old Joshua Starkey was in a blue SUV in the parking lot of the apartments when he got into an altercation with another man.
The suspect fired shots at Starkey and the SUV crashed into a concrete wall that surrounds the parking lot.
The suspect left Starkey bleeding in the parking lot and drove off in the SUV.
The vehicle was found a short time later, on fire, near 5th Avenue South and 36th Street.
Police do not have a description of the suspect.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deputies: Woman gave newborn to stranger at Sarasota Co. park
- Speeding SUV crashes into Riverview home
- Target 8: VA therapist tells Marine treated for PTSD he’s only there for the drugs
- Tampa woman advertising need for kidney claims HOA wants signs taken down
- Better Call Behnken: Birthday cake disaster leaves St. Pete mother furious
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys among 6 suspended, reprimanded, or disciplined by Florida Supreme Court
- Nurse arrested for not giving police patient’s blood shares video of confrontation
- PHOTO: ‘Miracle baby’ with umbilical cord still attached found inside gym bag
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.