HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A 21-year-old woman was killed in a 2-vehicle crash on U.S. 41 in Hillsborough County Friday morning.
The accident happened just south of Apollo Beach Boulevard.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Tiffany Mikayla Ramnarine of Riverview was traveling southbound on the highway near Falls Blvd when for unknown reason, her 2011 Honda Accord left the roadway, traveled through the grass median and crashed into a vehicle in the northbound travel lane.
Ramnarine suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene.
Northbound lanes on U.S. 41 are closed between Leisey Road and Apollo Beach Blvd.
The southbound lanes of U.S. 41 are open.
Investigators will be at the scene for a while.
Drivers are advised to use alternative routes for the next couple of hours.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Target 8: VA therapist tells Marine treated for PTSD he’s only there for the drugs
- Tampa woman advertising need for kidney claims HOA wants signs taken down
- Better Call Behnken: Birthday cake disaster leaves St. Pete mother furious
- 4 Tampa Bay area attorneys among 6 suspended, reprimanded, or disciplined by Florida Supreme Court
- PHOTO: ‘Miracle baby’ with umbilical cord still attached found inside gym bag