SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – It’s been a record year for dolphin calves, according to the Sarasota Dolphin Research Program.
The SDRP, a Chicago Zoological Society program working in collaboration with Mote Marine Laboratory, said that 19 calves have been documented during the 2017 season.
The 19 calves joined up to five concurrent generations of long-term dolphin residents in the Sarasota Bay area.
Dolphin calving season peaks during late spring and summer.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Man accused of murdering aunt in Davenport captured; unharmed child, 4, found covered in blood
- Shivering tot found clinging to drowned mom in Texas floods
- University of Tampa faculty member ‘relieved of duties’ after comments about Hurricane Harvey
- Residents of flooded Texas nursing home ‘doing great’
- Boy calls 911 from backseat to report mom driving drunk
- WFLA News Channel 8 raises over $66,000 for Harvey victims during ‘Telethon for Texas’