(WESH) – Markeith Loyd has filed a motion, and given the OK to hire a private investigator for his trial regarding the shooting of death of his pregnant ex-girlfriend Sade Dixon in 2016.
The 9th Circuit Court is allowing the defense to incur up to 200 hours for private investigator’s services
The court also said the private investigator has to be licensed in accordance with Florida law.
Loyd’s first trial is expected to take place on Sept. 11, 2018.
Loyd is accused of killing Dixon, and Orlando police Lt. Debra Clayton.
at a rate that is established by law.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Man accused of murdering aunt in Davenport captured; unharmed child, 4, found covered in blood
- Shivering tot found clinging to drowned mom in Texas floods
- University of Tampa faculty member ‘relieved of duties’ after comments about Hurricane Harvey
- Residents of flooded Texas nursing home ‘doing great’
- Boy calls 911 from backseat to report mom driving drunk
- WFLA News Channel 8 raises over $66,000 for Harvey victims during ‘Telethon for Texas’
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.