PORT RICHEY, Fla. (WFLA) – Squads from the Pasco County Sheriff’s Office Vice and Narcotics Unit made a grow house bust on Wednesday.
The squads were called to 9637 Lake Chrise Lane as result of an investigation of a theft of services complaint.
The theft of electricity was estimated to be approximately $17,488.
Detectives seized 46 five to six foot tall marijuana plants. The plants had a combined weight of nearly 224 pounds.
Processed marijuana was also seized, weighing nearly 51 pounds.
Three rooms of the home were specifically converted for the purpose of growing marijuana.
Two five-ton air conditioning units and a 2009 BMW were also seized from the home.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Man accused of murdering aunt in Davenport captured; unharmed child, 4, found covered in blood
- Shivering tot found clinging to drowned mom in Texas floods
- University of Tampa faculty member ‘relieved of duties’ after comments about Hurricane Harvey
- Residents of flooded Texas nursing home ‘doing great’
- Boy calls 911 from backseat to report mom driving drunk
- WFLA News Channel 8 raises over $66,000 for Harvey victims during ‘Telethon for Texas’
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.