HOUSTON (KPRC) – Thousands of people are seeking shelter at the Houston Convention center as the epic flood crisis continues.
And there we see many inspiring instances of neighbors helping neighbors.
One police officer even took one of two pairs of socks right off his feet to give to a woman whose socks were soaked.
One man arrived to the convention center with the inner tube he used to escape on his back.
As evacuees arrived, volunteers also showed up to help.
“It’s not good. I mean, it feels good to help people, but helpless. It’s a helpless feeling. I left my apartment knowing my mother was right behind me. And she’s still in Meyerland. And that’s disconcerting,” said Ed Camp.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dad arrested after girlfriend, child found dead in Bradenton apartment fire
- Severe storms and tornado leave behind flooding, damage in Manatee County
- Cops: Man fatally stabs girlfriend’s lover, leaves body on Pasco road
- PHOTO: Nursing home flooded by Harvey evacuated after startling image goes viral
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- Woman says she was fired over her heavy periods
- VIDEO: Hawk takes shelter in taxi during Hurricane Harvey