MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A 61-year-old in Manatee County was pronounced dead after being found face down in a flooded roadway.
Deputies and EMS responded to 44th Ct. East on Sunday night and found the 61-year-old man face down in the roadway, which was about six inches underwater. First responders also found the man’s wheelchair tipped over in the roadway.
Crews tried to save the man, but he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Medical Examiner’s Office will determine the official cause of death, but deputies say there are no signs of foul play.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dad arrested after girlfriend, child found dead in Bradenton apartment fire
- Severe storms and tornado leave behind flooding, damage in Manatee County
- Cops: Man fatally stabs girlfriend’s lover, leaves body on Pasco road
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- Woman says she was fired over her heavy periods
- VIDEO: Hawk takes shelter in taxi during Hurricane Harvey