ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The Houston Astros will play its series against the Texas Rangers at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg due to severe weather and flooding caused by Hurricane Harvey.
The Astros will be the home team for all three games.
The Astros’ series against the Mets could also be moved to Tropicana Field, but the organization said an official decision will be made later in the week.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected by Hurricane Harvey,” Rays President Brian Auld said in a statement. “The Rays are proud to assist our partners in Major League Baseball by hosting the series, and we appreciate the support from Rays staff and the community to make it a success.”
“The City of St. Petersburg welcomes the Astros and encourages fans of the Rays and the game of baseball to come out to Tropicana Field,” St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman said. “Our community is keeping Houston residents in our thoughts, contributing to relief efforts, and sending a delegation from St. Pete Fire & Rescue to the Houston area. Baseball has often served to bring people together and lift spirits during tough times. I am confident this week’s games will do just that.”
The games will be played Tuesday at 7:10 p.m., Wednesday at 7:10 p.m. and Thursday at 1:10 p.m.
All tickets will be sold as general admission for $10. Tickets are available online or at the Tropicana Field box office.
You can donate to the Red Cross by going to its website, calling 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669) or texting 90999 to donate $10. The money goes toward recovery efforts.
- Grab your phone
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 now.
Or, Donate Online
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dad arrested after girlfriend, child found dead in Bradenton apartment fire
- Severe storms and tornado leave behind flooding, damage in Manatee County
- Cops: Man fatally stabs girlfriend’s lover, leaves body on Pasco road
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- Woman says she was fired over her heavy periods
- VIDEO: Hawk takes shelter in taxi during Hurricane Harvey