STUART, Fla. (AP) – A young child is being treated after being bitten by a shark in Florida.
The Palm Beach Post reports that the child was bitten Sunday afternoon in the water off Bathtub Reef Beach, which is about 45 miles north of West Palm Beach.
Martin County Fire Rescue Bureau Chief Dan Harshburger told the paper that the child was flown by helicopter to the hospital.
He said no further information about the child or the child’s condition was immediately available.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Dad arrested after girlfriend, child found dead in Bradenton apartment fire
- Severe storms and tornado leave behind flooding, damage in Manatee County
- Cops: Man fatally stabs girlfriend’s lover, leaves body on Pasco road
- PHOTO: Nursing home flooded by Harvey evacuated after startling image goes viral
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- Woman says she was fired over her heavy periods
- VIDEO: Hawk takes shelter in taxi during Hurricane Harvey