ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – An 83-year-old man was hospitalized with serious injuries after he was struck by a van at a crosswalk in St. Petersburg Saturday morning, police said.
The incident happened where 4th Street South meets Interstate 175 at 9:25 a.m.
According to the St. Petersburg Police Department, Stevan Todorcevic was driving a 2007 Hyundai Entourage northbound on 4th Street South and hit James Prior when he made a westbound turn onto the interstate. Prior was walking in the crosswalk when he was struck.
Police said Prior sustained possible life-threatening injuries and was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg for treatment.
Todorcevic remained at the scene of the crash and is cooperating with investigators.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
No further details are available at this time.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- At least 1 dead as Harvey slams Texas Gulf Coast
- Deputies search for homicide suspect after driver finds body in Pasco County road
- Pinellas Co. School Resource Deputy fired for improper conduct with child with autism
- Florida doctor sentenced for sexually assaulting teen during exam
- NRA’s video message to ‘elites’: ‘We’re coming for you’
- Tampa man accused of breaking 4-week-old girl’s legs
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | August 25-27