SUNRISE, Fla. (AP) – Authorities say a Florida police SWAT team shot and killed an armed woman who had been threatening suicide.
The Broward County Sheriff’s Office says a Sunrise Police SWAT team went to an apartment Friday where an armed woman had barricaded herself inside and was threatening to kill herself.
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Veda Coleman-Wright said in a press release Saturday the woman stopped communicating with officers, so the SWAT team entered the apartment. She says the officers encountered the woman and shots were fired. She died at the scene. No officers were hurt.
The woman’s name has not been released. The Sunrise Police and Broward Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to phone and email requests for immediate comment.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas Co. School Resource Deputy fired for improper conduct with child with autism
- Tampa man accused of breaking 4-week-old girl’s legs
- 2 men arrested for robbery, savage assault on Ybor City restaurant worker
- Hillsborough Co. Confederate monument cost high due to 20 pieces involved
- 2-year-old dies after getting neck stuck in car window
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | August 25-27