FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) – A Florida doctor has been sentenced to five years in prison for sexually assaulting a teenager during a medical procedure.
The South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that 62-year-old Jerry Ciocon of Weston was sentenced Friday. He had been convicted in June.
The victim, then 19, had called Ciocon to her family’s home three years ago to remove a vaginal cyst.
He was a friend who had treated her family. Her grandmother and sister were home.
She said they went into her room for the procedure, but after she removed her clothes Ciocon began performing oral sex on her.
She immediately told him to stop. He later apologized during a recorded phone call.
The courtroom was packed with Ciocon supporters asking Judge Dennis Bailey for leniency.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas Co. School Resource Deputy fired for improper conduct with child with autism
- Tampa man accused of breaking 4-week-old girl’s legs
- 2 men arrested for robbery, savage assault on Ybor City restaurant worker
- Hillsborough Co. Confederate monument cost high due to 20 pieces involved
- 2-year-old dies after getting neck stuck in car window
- Moms across Sarasota report creepy trend of strange shoppers showing interest in children
- 8 fun things to do this weekend in Tampa Bay | August 25-27