(WFLA) – So you’ve won the life-changing Powerball jackpot, what are you going to do now?
A local financial planner has words of wisdom you might want to hear.
“Keep your mouth shut!” says certified financial planner Kimberly Overman.
Next, the best thing you can do is decided what’s important to you, Overman said.
“Lump sum can be great, but you’re gonna pay an enormous amount in taxes if you don’t do the planning,” she said.
The bottom line is discipline.
8 On Your Side’s Jenn Holloway has much more on this story in the video above.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bill proposes banning use of food stamps to buy soda in Florida
- St. Pete Beach approves booze sales on beach, with restrictions
- Missouri woman charged with killing daughter with autism
- Python pulled from underneath Seminole County home
- What are the most likely numbers to win the Powerball?
- New smartphone app ensures your child answers your texts immediately
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.