LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) — A 34-year-old woman who was wearing a garbage bag was hit and killed by a car early Wednesday morning in Largo, police say.
Officers responded to a report of a person down on US Highway 19 around 3:17 a.m. When they got to the scene, they found a woman in the southbound breakdown lane near the overpass of East Bay Drive.
She was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers have identified her as 34-year-old Vilayphone Sinnavong.
After finding vehicle parts in the road, investigators determined she was hit by a car.
Police say there’s evidence the woman had mental health issues and was walking in the road.
Initial reports to police said the woman was wrapped in a garbage bag. Investigators found she was actually wearing the dark garbage bag as clothing.
The vehicle involved was located after a driver reported hitting an unknown object on the road. That driver is now cooperating with police.
Investigators do not believe alcohol was a factor.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bill proposes banning use of food stamps to buy soda in Florida
- St. Pete Beach approves booze sales on beach, with restrictions
- Missouri woman charged with killing daughter with autism
- Python pulled from underneath Seminole County home
- What are the most likely numbers to win the Powerball?
- New smartphone app ensures your child answers your texts immediately