CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Citrus County Courthouse is being evacuated Wednesday after a clerk’s office employee found a white, powdery substance in an envelope.
The sheriff’s office says as a precautionary measure, employees and visitors have been asked to evacuate.
The courthouse will remain closed until further notice.
Citrus County Rescue’s hazmat team is on the way to assist the Inverness Fire Department.
No injuries have been reported.
Stay with WFLA.com as more information becomes available on this story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bill proposes banning use of food stamps to buy soda in Florida
- St. Pete Beach approves booze sales on beach, with restrictions
- Missouri woman charged with killing daughter with autism
- Python pulled from underneath Seminole County home
- What are the most likely numbers to win the Powerball?
- New smartphone app ensures your child answers your texts immediately
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.