HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — Firefighters were called to the scene of a car fire on Tuesday afternoon near Palm River.
Eagle 8 HD was in the air and spotted the smoke and flames from above.
When they got closer, flames could be seen ripping through the Jeep that was off to the side of 50th Street near 16th Avenue, just south of Palm River.
Deputies temporarily shut down part of 50th Street headed north, causing a snarl in traffic.
Firefighters were eventually able to extinguish the fire. No one appeared to be inside the Jeep.
Our Eagle 8 reporter saw paramedics tending to at least one or two people.
There is no word yet on what caused the fire.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manatee commissioners to discuss Bradenton Confederate monument today
- Polk County deputies searching for man who stole Porsche from repair shop
- Hillsborough County tow truck driver’s killer learns his fate
- Police: Orlando mom left kids in hot car while she drank at bar
- Family of toddler found dead in Orlando day care van sues Little Miracles Academy
- Cute alert: Babies born on solar eclipse day dressed up at hospital