TAMPA (WFLA) – Does your morning commute take you through downtown Tampa?
Well, many commuters were wondering why traffic was heavier than normal getting into the city on Tuesday.
The Florida Department of Transportation was making CSX railroad repairs and had Tampa Street completely closed at Polk Street.
Apparently they forgot to pull a permit so Mayor Bob Buckhorn’s Office was initially not aware of the closure.
Drivers should expect delays again Wednesday during the morning rush with commuters using Ashley and Franklin as alternates.
Interestingly, the city of Tampa announced Tuesday that it launched a dynamic map which will be updated as needed with road closures.
The Public Road Closure Map is now viewable on its website tampagov.net/RoadClosures.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manatee commissioners to discuss Bradenton Confederate monument Tuesday
- Polk County deputies searching for man who stole Porsche from repair shop
- Hillsborough County tow truck driver’s killer learns his fate
- Police: Orlando mom left kids in hot car while she drank at bar
- Family of toddler found dead in Orlando day care van sues Little Miracles Academy
- Cute alert: Babies born on solar eclipse day dressed up at hospital
>> BACK TO TOP STORIES