RIVERVIEW, Fla. (WFLA) – A 3-year-old girl died from injuries she suffered when she was hit by a pickup truck Tuesday morning in the Park Creek subdivision of Riverview, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
A spokesperson said the toddler and her mother were walking their dog when the girl ran into the street.
The girl darted in front of a black pickup truck that was driving near the intersection of Legacy Bright Street and Hampton Meadow Way shortly before 7:30 a.m. The truck’s driver did not see the little girl because of her height, officials said.
The driver stopped the truck after he realized something happened and then saw the child in the road.
The girl was identified by the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office as Brianna Savage.
Savage was transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital with life-threatening injuries. She was later pronounced dead.
Officials said the girl’s mother was distraught at the scene and was taken away on a stretcher. The mother was being treated at the hospital officials said.
Savage lived in the neighborhood, according to the sheriff’s office.
No criminal charges were expected to be filed.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Manatee commissioners to discuss Bradenton Confederate monument today
- Polk County deputies searching for man who stole Porsche from repair shop
- Hillsborough County tow truck driver’s killer learns his fate
- Police: Orlando mom left kids in hot car while she drank at bar
- Family of toddler found dead in Orlando day care van sues Little Miracles Academy
- Cute alert: Babies born on solar eclipse day dressed up at hospital