(WFLA) – Former Tampa Bay area athletes were suspended or dismissed from playing football at North Carolina State University on Tuesday.
Five NC State players were disciplined for violating the school’s code of conduct.
Three of the five are from the Tampa Bay area.
Former Armwood running back Erin Collins, former Durant player Xavier Lyons and former Plant City star Antoine Thompson were all disciplined.
Thompson was kicked off the Wolfpack football team. Lyons and Collins have been suspended.
The university did not specify which code of conduct violation took place, but reports in Raleigh say an investigation revealed an alleged sexual assault happened during a party last month.
The players mentioned were at the party.
The NC State Police Department is still investigating the alleged sexual assaults.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Girl, 3, hit by truck in Riverview dies from injuries
- Citizens voice opinions about Bradenton Confederate monument at commission meeting
- Man arrested, accused of following 86-year-old Brandon woman home from Walmart
- Polk County deputies searching for man who stole Porsche from repair shop
- Hillsborough County tow truck driver’s killer learns his fate
- Police: Orlando mom left kids in hot car while she drank at bar
- Family of toddler found dead in Orlando day care van sues Little Miracles Academy
- Cute alert: Babies born on solar eclipse day dressed up at hospital
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.