QUEENSLAND, Australia (WTNH) — A rare white koala was born recently at the Australia Zoo, and they’re looking for your help to name the little joey.
According to the Australia.com facebook page, the baby koala, a girl, is the Australia Zoo’s first ever white koala joey. The zoo says that she is no albino, but her white fur is extremely rare.
Zookeepers have a dozen koala joeys that have been born at the Australia Zoo so far in 2017. Visitors can see all of the little joeys now at the zoo.
Over 3,000 possible names have already been submitted. Here are just a few of the examples already sent in.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- WATCH: Tampa Bay area experiences solar eclipse
- WARNING: Fake solar eclipse glasses can ‘literally cook your retina’
- PHOTOS: Thousands of pets find homes in Tampa Bay through Clear the Shelters campaign
- Powerboat racers claim record time for travel from Florida
- $10 movie pass gets you a movie every day for a year
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.