POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — A man police have been searching for in connection with a July homicide in Tampa was arrested Sunday morning in Polk County.
Tampa police issued a warrant for the arrest of 22-year-old Dejonta Felder earlier this month after detectives identified him as the man who shot 32-year-old Julius Carter last month.
Carter was shot several times near North Phillips Street on July 3. After being shot, police say he ran to the backyard of a nearby home and died.
Investigators say the shooting stemmed from an argument between Carter and Felder.
Police have charged Felder with second-degree murder and felon in possession of a firearm.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Second officer dies in Kissimmee police shooting
- Thousands of pets find homes in Tampa Bay through Clear the Shelters campaign
- Citrus County home owned by black family vandalized with racial slur
- Cops: Mom burned son, put him on leash, locked him in cage
- Clearwater man streams from inside Tom Cruise’s penthouse, Church of Scientology not happy
- ‘Free cruise’ spam call could now get you $900
- County-by-county school guides to Aug. 21 solar eclipse in Tampa Bay area