LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A woman who was six months pregnant lost her baby in a crash late Wednesday night in Largo.
Florida Highway Patrol investigators said Kerriann Hypatia Elders, 19, of Largo suffered critical injuries. Her unborn baby died in the crash.
Elders was a passenger in a Jeep Commander driven by Mark Williams, 60, of Largo.
The Jeep was traveling southbound on 121st Street North and had stopped at a posted stop sign, then proceeded into the intersection and into the path of a Toyota Scion that was traveling at a high rate of speed on Ulmerton Road.
The Toyota crashed into the Jeep.
The Jeep’s driver, Mark Williams also suffered critical injuries. In addition to Elders, other passengers in the Jeep were David Parkhurst, 21, of Largo who suffered minor injuries, and Drake Doles, 22, who was not injured.
Williams and Elders were wearing seat belts, Parkhurst and Doles were not.
The driver of the Toyota, Anthony Christian Forte, 23, of Indian Rocks Beach suffered minor injuries.
Investigators believe alcohol was not a factor in the crash.
The crash closed the intersection until 5:30 a.m. Thursday.
Charges are pending.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- ‘Free cruise’ spam call could now get you $900
- Florida woman caught snorting cocaine off iPhone in parent pick-up line at middle school
- Tampa Bay area mother warns of tainted alcohol following son’s death in Mexico
- FWC: Florida teen killed by boat propeller after father accidentally backed over her in water
- Fatal Selmon Expressway crash: Judge threatens to remove crying suspect from court hearing
- Ybor City waiter attacked, robbed after leaving work
- County-by-county school guides to Aug. 21 solar eclipse in Tampa Bay area
- Clear the Shelters: Dozens of pets looking for homes in Pasco County