TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Movie time is about to cost you a lot less.
An app called Moviepass wants to become the Netflix of movie theaters.
The startup allows you to see one film per day for a monthly fee when you use its app.
Moviepass will only cost you $9.95 a month, which is less than what you’d pay for a single movie ticket in many big cities.
But, not everyone is happy about it.
AMC, the largest U.S. theater chain, is challenging the Moviepass plan at their theaters. As of now, they are still included in the deal.
Moviepass said their success will convince other theaters to participate.
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- Powerball jackpot grows to whopping $510 million
- ‘Free cruise’ spam call could now get you $900
- Total solar eclipse checklist: What you should watch out for
- WATCH: Tim Tebow says hello to ‘biggest fan’ recovering in Temple Terrace
- VIRAL PHOTO: Boy and cow take nap together at Iowa State Fair
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.