TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A 68-year-old Tampa man is accused of having sex with a 17-year-old girl 21 times over a two-month period.
Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office deputies arrested Charles Logan on 21 counts of Unlawful Sexual Activity with a Minor.
Detectives said Logan and the teen met in December of 2016. Their relationship started as friends, but developed into a sexual relationship over time. The pair had consensual sex at the girl’s home and at Logan’s residence.
The sheriff’s office began investigating after the girl’s parents learned about the relationship and contacted authorities.
Details about how the pair met have not been released.
Logan was arrested on Tuesday at his home.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Freak recycling center accident kills elderly woman in Pinellas Park
- Ybor City waiter attacked, robbed after leaving work
- Stonewall Jackson plaque removed in St. Pete
- County-by-county school guides to Aug. 21 solar eclipse in Tampa Bay area
- Hot classrooms raising health concerns for Hillsborough County parents
- Deputies arrest woman in connection with toppling of North Carolina Confederate statue
- Tampa #2 best place to retire in Wallet Hub 2017 rankings
- Clear the Shelters: Dozens of pets looking for homes in Pasco County