WINTER HAVEN, Fla. (WFLA) – A Winter Haven man is wanted in connection with a shooting that injured a woman earlier this month.
Patrick Deon Dorce, 29, is accused of hitting a bystander when he shot into a street on August 3, according to the Winter Haven Police Department.
Police responded to reports of shots fired in the area of 213 Palmetto Ave. NW in Winter Haven.
They said a small crowd was standing around and talking when gunshots rang out from an intersection nearby.
One of those rounds struck an innocent woman who was leaning inside a car, speaking to a passenger.
The victim sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to a hospital for treatment.
Police say neither the victim nor the vehicle’s passengers were involved in the initial argument that led to the gunfire.
Witnesses told police Dorce had fired the weapon and he was allegedly seen in the area carrying a small black handgun.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-TIPS (8477). Callers can remain anonymous and may be eligible for a reward.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hillsborough Confederate statue could stay if $300,000 in private funds is not raised to move it
- FWC: Florida teen killed by boat propeller after father accidentally backed over her in water
- Fatal Selmon Expressway crash: Judge threatens to remove crying suspect from court hearing
- Univ. of Florida denies white supremacist event
- VIDEO: Ybor City restaurant worker attacked, robbed after leaving work
- ‘Free cruise’ spam call could now get you $900
- What you need to know if you plan to watch Monday’s solar eclipse