ATLANTA (AP) — World Wrestling Entertainment says pro wrestling legend Ric Flair is out of surgery and resting after being hospitalized.
The statement Monday did not give details about the nature of the surgery.
A representative for the showman known as “Nature Boy” says the 68-year-old wrestler was admitted to the hospital for routine monitoring. Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent asked on Twitter Monday for “prayers & positive energy” because Flair has “tough medical issues.”
Former pro wrestler Mick Foley and wrestling executive Eric Bischoff are among numerous wrestlers wishing Flair well on Twitter.
Known for his flamboyant outfits and “Woooo!” catchphrase, Flair made his professional debut in 1972 and was inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame in 2008.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 8th home condemned near massive Land O’ Lakes sinkhole
- Deputies: Pasco Co. senior threatened to kill former teacher, arrested night before new school year
- Police: ‘Alice Wonderland’ says hookah-smoking caterpillar told him to vandalize Florida construction site
- WATCH: Trump condemns KKK, neo-Nazis as ‘thugs’
- Doctors call RSW airport worker hit by lightning a ‘miracle’
- Family’s dog shot, killed by HCSO deputy
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.