ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Former major league baseball player Alex Rodriguez knows a lot about home runs. It turns out he also knows a lot about homes of the real estate kind.
Rodriguez has become a real estate investor.
He is speaking Tuesday before real estate professionals in Orlando ahead of the Florida Realtors’ convention and trade expo.
Rodriguez’s private investment firm owns apartment buildings in the Mid-Atlantic region, Florida and Texas.
The firm owns and manages 13,000 apartment units in 10 states. He also owns a Florida-based construction management firm.
Rodriguez hit 696 home runs in a 22-year big league career, including 351 during 12 seasons with the New York Yankees.
He had 14 All-Star appearances and three American League MVP awards.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 2 new schools open in Pasco today, school boundaries rezoned
- First day of school for Sarasota Co. superintendent
- SUV carrying gas grill explodes in Orlando when passenger lights cigarette
- Family’s dog shot, killed by HCSO deputy
- Police: Man kills former UT volleyball star, mother, 3rd woman with hammer
- Man accused of ramming protesters pictured with racist group
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- VIDEO: Teachers who dragged autistic boy by ankle won’t be charged
- Unexpected delivery turns heartbreak into joy for grieving mother