ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA/WESH) — The Great Movie Ride and Ellen’s Energy Adventure, two classic Walt Disney World rides, closed for good on Sunday.
The first to close was Ellen’s Energy Adventure at Epcot. The ride will be replaced by a Guardians of the Galaxy attraction. Wait times for the ride weren’t too lengthy on Sunday.
The wait to ride the Great Movie Ride at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was much longer, with many people waiting almost two hours to ride it one more time.
The Great Movie Ride will be replaced by the first Mickey and Minnie ride.
Disney announced last month that the rides would be replaced by the new attractions. Since then, commemorative souvenirs such as T-shirts and mugs have been available for sale in the parks.
Disney officials said they sometimes offer unique items to “commemorate special moments in our parks.”
WHAT’S TRENDING ONLINE NOW –
- PHOTOS: Back to school kicks off for Pasco, Sarasota and Hernando Counties
- Officer: ‘Tell my family I love them’ after shooting caught on glasses camera
- Freebie Friday: Pokémon, pet food and bowling!
- VIDEO: Pilot whale returns to ocean after SeaWorld rehabilitation
- Krispy Kreme creates new chocolate glazed doughnut for solar eclipse
WFLA.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.