ORLANDO, Fla. (WESH) — A man and his wife were burned when a gas grill in their car exploded Sunday afternoon.
Orlando Police say the husband and wife were driving with a propane grill burning and its gas supply on.
As the couple approached the entrance to the Central Florida Fairgrounds at West Colonial Drive and Pete Parrish Boulevard, the wife, who was the passenger, lit a cigarette, triggering an explosion and fire.
The westbound Kia Sorrento then crashed into a pole. Both people in the vehicle suffered burns and were taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center with injuries described as non-life threatening.
OPD said the vehicle had extensive damage. Names of the injured couple and other details were not released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Family’s dog shot, killed by HCSO deputy
- Police: Man kills former UT volleyball star, mother, 3rd woman with hammer
- Man accused of ramming protesters pictured with racist group
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- VIDEO: Teachers who dragged autistic boy by ankle won’t be charged
- Unexpected delivery turns heartbreak into joy for grieving mother