ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A 43-year-old diver was medevaced from a boat 20 miles west of Egmont Key, Sunday, Coast Guard officials said.
The boat’s crew radioed a distress call to the Coast Guard sector in St. Petersburg and told watchstanders they were in need of medical assistance after a 43-year-old diver came out of the water and started experiencing dizziness.
Watchstanders notified a flight surgeon who recommended the man be medevaced.
A 45-foot Response Boat-Medium boat crew from Station Cortez responded to the scene and transported the man to Fort De Soto Park Bay Pier. He was later transferred to EMS in stable condition.
No further details were released.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Tampa rally planned to remember those killed in Charlottesville
- Man dies after getting punched by Uber driver in St. Pete
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- Who is Amber Perera, woman accused of causing fatal crash on Selmon Expressway?
- Fake Polk Co. sheriff’s letter to employer riddled with bad grammar, misspellings
- Largo family questions safety of treasure hunt, seeks answers
- 5-year-old St. Pete boy critical after being abused for months, police say