TAMPA BAY, Fla. (WFLA) — Verizon Wireless says it has resolved a service interruption that affected communities in the Sarasota, Bradenton, Port Charlotte and Venice areas.
News Channel 8 viewers started reaching out Saturday morning to report issues they’ve been having with Verizon Wireless service.
Several viewers reported experiencing the outage for up to 15 hours.
We reached out to Verizon for answers, and they released this statement to us:
Verizon Wireless experienced interruption in service for some customers throughout the Sarasota, Bradenton and Port Charlotte/Venice areas beginning at approximately 3:00 PM EST Friday afternoon. Our engineers worked around the clock with our vendor partner to identify and resolve the issue.
Service was restored in the Sarasota and Bradenton areas by approximately 10:30 PM EST Friday night and in the Port Charlotte/Venice area by 11:30 AM EST Saturday. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate our customers’ patience while the issue was being resolved.”
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Cops: DUI suspect tried to hide evidence in underwear after fiery crash that killed child, 2 adults
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- Fake Polk Co. sheriff’s letter to employer riddled with bad grammar, misspellings
- Largo family questions safety of treasure hunt, seeks answers
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: July 31 to August 5
- 5-year-old St. Pete boy critical after being abused for months, police say