ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is dead after he was punched by his Uber driver in a dispute over directions in St. Petersburg.
Terry Kimball, 56, was hospitalized around 7:30 pm Friday with serious brain trauma after a ride with 38-year-old Kabir O’Farril Diaz.
Investigators said Kimball had disagreed with the route Diaz was taking and the two men started arguing.
Diaz pulled over at the Quick Pick Foods store on 58th Street North at 7:30 p.m. and the altercation turned physical. Witnesses say Kimball threw the first punch.
Detectives say Diaz delivered a fatal punch, and Kimball never regained consciousness. He was transported to a nearby hospital with life-threatening injuries and died on Saturday, police say.
No charges have been filed against Diaz at this time. An investigation into the incident is ongoing, police say.
No further details are available at this time.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
STORIES OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Cops: DUI suspect tried to hide evidence in underwear after fiery crash that killed child, 2 adults
- Up to 160 Applebee’s, IHOP restaurants to close
- Fake Polk Co. sheriff’s letter to employer riddled with bad grammar, misspellings
- Largo family questions safety of treasure hunt, seeks answers
- Restaurant Ratings Most Violations: July 31 to August 5
- 5-year-old St. Pete boy critical after being abused for months, police say